I believe that sound assessment arises from clear and appropriate targets, and there exists 5 types of targets. Those 5 kinds of targets are equally important which in turn form a solid foundation for effective teaching, learning, and assessment. I have confidence that I can implement these targets into a grammar lesson for 3rd-grade students to achieve a sound assessment. Let me say that this grammar lesson is about “Subject and Predicate”.The first target is the knowledge target, and here I am going to use the brainstorming strategy to check whether my students have the needed prerequisite. At this level, students are supposed to know that any complete sentence is made up of the “naming” part and the “predicate” part. After displaying a plethora of examples and sentences to the students, they will be able to use this knowledge to reason that the naming part is known as the subject and the telling part is the predicate. Furthermore, they will be able to relate this info to complete sentences and fragments. Not only that but also, they will be able to analyze any sentence and divide it into its main components without even memorizing any single word. Then, I will hit the performance target where I will distribute flashcards to each pair of students. Each pair will unscramble the flashcards to make a complete meaningful sentence and highlight its different cards using colors. As a result, I will go over the product target where I will do a formative assessment. Students will solve an exercise about the lesson, so I will check if my objective is successfully achieved. Finally, if students turned in the papers with no markable mistakes only then I can say that the disposition target is also achieved because this reflects that students were positively influenced by the learning process. I would like to note that using these 5 targets, I will be able to take into consideration the different learning styles of the students.
No comments:
Post a Comment